to your questions
Final project for Post Graduation program in Innovation and Design Thinking
School: BAU, Barcelona – 2016
Duration: 4 months
Co-workers: Alejandra Bonnet, Idalia Martínez
As part of the postgraduate program in Innovation & Design Thinking, we had to build a product or service using all the methodologies we learned during the course.
Talk with women and men about their sexuality, a theme that is still taboo.
Identify the gaps that prevent women from looking for help for their sexual life and use this as a base to offer a solution to relieve the problem while looking for a market opportunity to monetize and grow.
Framing the problem
90 to 95%
Study of the Department of Urology and Psychiatry of the University of California
90 to 95%
achieve a cure.
Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2011
+206 women +98 men
・28 women from 18 to 38
・12 experts from different backgrounds:
・3 Psychologists specialized in Sexuality
・2 Tantric Therapist
・1 Researcher of new technologies for sexual health
・1 Yoga Coach
The point was to understand:
are the most common concerns
do they talk to when they have a question
they solve their problem
they look for information
・When they have a problem, they first talk to a friend or google their question, but don’t trust 100% in the research because:
· The results seems diffuse, confusing;
· Don’t fit in their needs;
· They don’t see themselves within the stereotypes of female sex life.
・Create references by comparing their problem with other women in a similar situation as they.
・Don’t know how to find help because they don’t know how to name their problem.
・Have difficulty finding an expert:
· That they can trust
· That offers more than traditional medicine (holistic approach)
・Are curious and want to know more about how to better enjoy their sexual life.
・Panic with the excessive information. It’s necessary not only to have better information, but a system to filter it properly.
Most recurrent feelings about not having a fulfilled sexual life:
24 - 33
・Create value in real experiences of others because validates their own experience. Empowered, they have an identity and are not alone.
・Reading comments from experts gives CREDIBILITY to their research.
・SHAME is the main barrier to enjoying their sexuality.
・A safe environment is anonymous.
TRUST and SHAME were the most repeated words.
・There is a lot of value connecting them with specialists.
“It is very difficult to find reliable information on google. I like filters, and to be able to read what the specialists think.”
29 years old woman
Defining our goal
Help women to better enjoy their sexual life?
Designing the solution
Search platform + self-diagnosis book an appointment based on:
· Real Experiences – match questions and solutions with real cases.
· Experts – book an appoint and ask questions to experts from different areas.
· Related interests – Content, products and events curation.
What we do?
An online platform that helps women to find a solution to their sexual health questions.
On the platform, women can explore anonymously, learn about different themes, compare their questions with other women in the same condition, ask questions to professionals from different backgrounds and book an appointment.
What opportunity does it provide?
Who is it for?
For women: Providing solutions for women’s sexual health questions and finding the best expert to book an appointment.
For experts: Finding potential clients by interaction with users, help professionals to build an online reputation and organize the appointments in a useful platform.
What service do we offer?
· Interaction with experts by:
· Appointment booking (personal / online)
· Ask an expert online
· Related products in the search
· Appointment booking
· Online questions
· Point of reference for works,
· Appointment organization
· Safe environment to organize appointments
· The palette is formed by different skin tones.
· Photos have to be as neutral as possible, so users don’t feel distracted by noise.
· They liked images of real women, the feeling of freedom, hair in the wind, good moments between friends, women with actions that stimulate / animate them.
· Doesn’t like fake or romantic situations.